1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RB & CCE

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by marvmcc, Oct 3, 2004.

1. marvmcc

marvmcc Member

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for a Long long time now and have had the same problems as everyone else seems to have had at one time or another...

However I have to say after reading the fine How-To guides (I should have said RE RE RE Reread) and folowwing the advice of several of the posters to this thread I find that this is the best possible software combo for making my backups! Period!

The way I use it is to capture my old VHS tapes using either MyDVD or Power Producer 2 and convert the mpg file to DVD Folder (file) structure.... Then I use RB-CCE to re-encode and shrink the output. I then (and this is my actuall question) Shrink to convert to ISO format and Burn with DVD Decrypter...... The only reason for using Shrink is to get the ISO format so that I can burn it with Decrypter or Nero 5.55.10.... I am begining to think that this is a redundant step (using Shrink that is) and that there must be a better way to create the ISO file??

I realize that this is off topic, however the fact is that now that I have bested all the problems using RB-CCE the quality is always (or seems to be to me) every bit as good as the origonal VHS tape! I have not found anything better yet I can not seem to figure out how to get around using Shrink to create the ISO....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

When I want to make an ISO from DVD files Shrink is what I use. IMO you won't find anything faster or better for it.

3. marvmcc

marvmcc Member

Vurbal,

Thank you for the reply.... Then that is what I will continue to do then.

Once again Thank You for the reply!

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

No problem ;)