1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuild /w Choppy Playback & Audio Desync

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by pebkac, Sep 28, 2004.

1. pebkac

pebkac Member

Hey all,

I've been following Vurbals guide (very informative!)
    But I'm running into a hitch while trying to re-encode the new starwars trilogy.

Rebuild encodes fully (error free) and the final product is an appropriate size of 4.3GB.

Now, when I dump the files into powerdvd, the playback is jumpy, sometimes still jittery images, or perfectly fine at other parts but suffering a slight audio desync (noticable more at certain parts than others).

Has anyone else experienced this and or have a suggestion to correct the output?

Here's my configuration:
    CCE SP 2.50 Trial (and also tried CCE SP 2.62)
    DVD Rebuild V.56 (and V.62)
    The Current Version of eclcce (1.81)
    AVISynth V2.5

As far as settings, identical to Vurbals guide (with uninstall, reintall, and triple check of settings numerous times).

Thanks in advance for any help possible, or a link if this has been identified previously (couldn't find anything).

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Without burning to a dvd, and just playing the files yoy get choppy playback?

*Also moved to One Click Transcoding*

3. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

There'll be an update tonight. There seems to be a problem that was introduced in v0.61. I wouldn't recommend going back to 0.60, however... give me a few hours.

4. pebkac

pebkac Member

@flip218: I opened the VIDEO_TS output folder under the dvd movie on hard-drive feature in powerdvd, and experienced the above hiccups (like to test the output before using a DVD-R)

@jdobbs: I think the error might be on my part by stripping the multi-angles with ifoedit. A recommendation to switch to dvdremake was suggested to me, as well as switching to cce basic (seems more people have issues with cce sp). You're doing an amazing thing with dvd rebuild, thankyou for this gem, and afterdawn for this friendly community.