1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder audio drop outs are killing me!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by alpha6164, Oct 6, 2004.

1. alpha6164

alpha6164 Member

I have DVD Rebuilder and the video quality is bar none the best. But the audio drop outs are just taking the enjoyment of the movie out. I have audio drop outs all throughout the movie. Some movies just the beginning, some here and there. Are other people having the same issues?

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

What DVD player(s) have you tried them on? There are some issues that are specific to certain players or brands of players.

3. alpha6164

alpha6164 Member

I have tried them on my Pioneer DV-333 player.

4. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

what speed are your burning at? what type of media? also dvd shrink with the new smoothing is vastly improved - not really much to choose between DVDRB and shrink any more...

5. alpha6164

alpha6164 Member

I use high quality media only ritek 04/ or Verbatim DataLife Plus (Mitsubish Chemical) Dvds. I burn at 2x. With the DVD Shrink is it better to keep it at the default "sharp" or "smooth"? Thanks.

6. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

maximum smoothness seems the most popular - i have used it many times with great results far faster that DVDRB unless u have a RB farm thingy

i only use ritek disks also - never had a problem burning ridisks @ 4x on my nec 2510a

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]not really much to choose between DVDRB and shrink any more[/bold]

alpha, IMHO, rebuilder is the best possible method of backing a DVD, especially with compression rates of 40-50% or more! Stick with it and try posing your problem in the RB/CCE thread at:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/97052

You didn't say but are you using CCE Basic or QuEnc or ReJig? CCE Basic seems to have the best results and fewest problems. Also, are you using a trial version of CCE if that's what you're using?

As a long time user of RB/CCE I have had no problems except when i used DvdReMake and then used those files with RB/CCE. By switching to an older version of CCE Basic(2.69 to 2.67)I resolved that issue and have had no problems since.

Speaking of versions, which version of rebuilder are you using? There was a revision of the latest version as it was causing some problems, 62 to 62a, I believe. :>)

8. alpha6164

alpha6164 Member

bigorange, thanks for your inputs. I do agree that I think that RB gives the superior results. I have purchased the $50 CCE Basic about two months ago, I am not sure what version. Also, check every couple of days for the latest version and always update. I do have the latest one. At this point I am thinking mayabe the audio might be dvd-player sensitive. I might need to try it with coupld of other dvd players. I just know that using Shrink I have never had audio drop outs and reading the Rebuilder's forum there are many people that do complain of audio dropouts. We'll see how it goes.