1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by colburn, Dec 6, 2004.

1. colburn

colburn Member

I just tried out DVD rebuilder to copy some of my dvd-9 movies, i read the user guide and searched through doom 9's forum, but cant post there for 5 more days.

So heres my problem, i open up the dvd files and am able to transcode it fine, whether it be one click mode or 3 click. It goes without error till the end.

But the end result is a movie about 800MB in size, while the original was well over 7 gigs. The quality of the movie is horrible, i want to know why it is compressing the movie so much and how to fix this.

Im using dvd rebuilder .66 beta, cce basic. THanks for any help you can give me.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm in no way familiar with DVD Rebuilder but is it possible there's a setting to convert to SVCD that you're mistakenly using?

3. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I've never had much luck with dvd rebuilder. Maybe some people do but I don't recommend it.

4. colburn

colburn Member

Svcd, possible. Dont know how to change it but ill look.

Are there any other alternatives to make a good quality backup of a dvd-9 disc? DVD shrink gives me horrible quality and i dont want to split it into 2 discs.