1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:: DVD rebuilder & return of the king... dissapointing results...

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by babelfish, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

I know DVDRemake. I made the site for Dimad. ;)

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Just updated to v2.69. Let's see if that fixes the issue.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Now I get another error message:

"Frame size 1216x56 is not supported. Supported frame size is up to 720x576."

:(

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Make sure you have checked the box "Add to AVS file" in the DVD-RB Setup panel. This is next to the MPEG2DEC3dg.dll path box.

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

It is checked. :/

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Is the MPEG2DEC3dg.dll file in the Rebuilder folder?

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

8. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I'm stumped. I have installed CCE Basic 3 different times now, and never a problem. I need to think on this one.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doble "D"

PM jdobbs or Vurbal and tell'em we sent you.

10. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Well, I tried manually launching CCE (cct2.exe) and got the same error message.
    I tried again and was then able to open it. :-S
    Giving DVD-RB another go before I go to bed...

11. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Same error again. :(

"Frame size 1216x56 is not supported. Supported frame size is up to 720x576."

Would you mind pm'ing vurbal or jdobbs about it?
    I'm about to go to bed. :/

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I know this sounds silly, but you're missing something simple and common in the mix because this is not that complicated. We have only four choices. It's an operating system problem, a software/application compatibility problem, setup problem, or a hardware problem. If the specs you gave me for your system are true, then at its weakest you'd still have enough power to make this work so hardware is out unless defective. I don't know what applications or codec’s you have installed but its worth checking and its possible your operating system needs repair, reinstall, a reformat and reinstall.

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

We have some FAQ's going on this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/97052

You have a problem that has been described, and solved by a previous installer:

Q-13: I get an Encode Basic error message that "Frame size 1248x56 is not supported. Supported frame size is up to 720x576".

A-13: Make sure you have checked the box "Add to AVS file" in the DVD-RB Setup panel. This is next to the MPEG2DEC3dg.dll path box.

Checking the box fixed the problem for them, but clearly not for you. This would lean towards a corrupted file problem.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  14. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Well, I'll have to look into it tomorrow after work, Sophocles, Doc, as I'm about to go to bed.

Thanks, and goodnight. :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  15. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

ever get the fealing a thread has been hijacked ;)

just kidding folks...

when i say budding i mean i know films and me and my best m8 are working on a script which we hope to film next week - although we are both skint at the moment and potential financial bakcing might fail :(

i gotta admit that i dont know much about the B-frames, window frames and pictures frames (hehe) malarkey... but all i am using is my eyes... the CCE one looked slightly sharper (like higher contrast) but also seemed more JPEGgy (i work in 2d media so i see a lot of JPEGS on a daily basis) wheras the shrink one on default sharpness looked like a better quality JPEG but less heavily contrasted...

to be honest if on a 32" TV (admittedly a pretty good one) you can hardly tell the difference then i, personally, will go for rip/burn time any day of the week as its nice to have my pc off whilst watching films in lovely 5.1 (my poot is in the corner of my lounge)

ive been backing up back since 1x CD burners came out but i only recently purchased my own dvd burner (dual layer - when will DL media come down to a reasonable price??? £4:50 a disk is still a ripoff imho) - although have been using the one at work for the last 9 months or so - backing up over 200 movies - so im still pretty new to this whole process in terms of frames etc... its nice to see some peeps more knowledgeable than me discussing this in an adult manner :)

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

babelfish

Good point but if you really want to know what differences exists between the different progs, then you'll have to do the backups and comparisons yourself.

I realized the other day that I've grown weary of the debate and I really don't care anymore. In the end it’s not anyone's job to convince anyone else of anything unless they're being paid for it or they have an agenda but in either case you won't be able to trust them. I’ve spent the better part of three months on this debate and I’m happy with the destination that I arrived too. Find your own way and be happy with your choices.:)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  17. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Here's a good link that does a frame analysis of Shrink. The I, B, and P frame part is at the bottom. I think this article might also be a good intro to some terms you will likely come across as you continue to pursue video productions.

http://people.freenet.de/mb1svcd/

18. brian100

brian100 Guest

Replying to the original question of the thread. I thought this movie was just too good for compression so I just split the movie in 2 with DVDremake, maintaning all working menus. Easy peasy japanesy. I appreciate that this method may not suit all (and normally wouldnt suit me) but considering the level of action this film contains, it may well be worth considering for others.

19. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

I found what the problem was.
    I recently had to re-instal XP, and this obviously erased AviSynth registry entries. Duh!
    Re-installing AviSynth seemed to do the trick. :)

Re-encoding LOTR-ROTK was we speak. ;)

20. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles ... I seem to have arrived at that place also. I will certainly offer an opinion if someone is interested, however, I see little value in doing comparisons at this point. For those who have done their own testing, RB-CCE is the undeniable gold standard.