1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder running in Linux

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by wolfmanz, Mar 7, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

what version of wine are you using?

2. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Hey there,

I have tried with both, the one in Synaptic Manager and the newer one which is 0.9.45-1 with the same result. Winetools is 0.9.4.

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty. Also tried the free version of rebuilder and that one throws "runtime 5" errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Where did you get the rest of your dlls? If you can, I would suggest getting all the dlls you need for getting RB working dirrectly from newer windows machine as appose to online. I was getting strange errors until I did this. Hope this helps.

4. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Great idea. I'm going to try doing that and will let you know what happens.

Thank you.

5. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Tried copying dlls from System32 folder from XP machine with the same result... unfortunately.

Here's what it says in the log, twice:
    00026 0005 -- error extracting MPEG.
    PREPARE aborted.

It has to do with AviSynth... I've made sure that "MPEG2Dec3.dll" is in the plugin directory.

Any ideas?

Here's the actual Rebuilder log entry:

-----------------

[19:27:37] Phase I, PREPARATION started.

- DVD-RB v1.26.5

- AVISYNTH 2.5.7.0

- CCE 2.67.0.27 encoder selected.

- "Movie Only" mode is enabled.

- Source: SOURCE

- VTS_01: 2075840 sectors.

-- Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files

[19:27:37] 00026 00005 -- error extracting MPEG.

[19:27:38] 00026 00005 -- error extracting MPEG.

- PREPARE aborted.

Aborted.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2007
  6. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Alright, alot of this stuff was pretty hit and miss with me too. It's good you got all the dlls from xp though anyhow. Here is what I would do. Uninstall RB, avisynth, and wine. Install wine 9.35, then reinstall RB and avisynth--make sure you follow the guide on properly setting up wine to RB and all that. My Linux knowledge is limited so if this doesn't get things up and running for you I'd advise you to ask around in the Linux digital media section.

7. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Thanks for the tips.

The weird thing is that when I perform the last step with RB and Wine, setting it to "native" RB no longer launches, instead it throws an error message. So I changed it back to the way it was to begin with and it launches properly.

Not sure if it has to do with the fact that I'm using Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 but if nothing else works I'll try it on PCLinuxOS 2007.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

8. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Your problem may be the version of AVISYNTH that you are using. Try using version 2.5.6.0 which is the one that came with my latest DVD Rebuilder Pro update.

Also is that the basic or SP version of CCE?

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

wolfmanz

Good call on the avisynth version, newer versions rarely work with RB until jdobbs has had time to account for and update RB to work with them. As long as there is nothing wrong with the application CCE version shouldn't make a difference.

10. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

I've tried AviSynth 2.56 & 2.55 with the same result.

I'm using CCE SP 2.67.00.27 with EclCCE but as you can see I'm not even getting that far for this to cause problems.

I read at the WineHQ page regarding setup for Rebuilder needing to be installed to a directory without any spaces... (eg: C:\Programs\DVDRebuilder) which is my structure for all programs related to this setup.

I was getting the same problem before when everything was running from C:\Program Files\ though.

Is anyone actually running Rebuilder successfully with Ubuntu 7.04?

Here are the files listed in the Avisynth plugin directory:
    DGDecode.dll, DirectShowSource.dll, MPEG2Dec3.dll, MPEG2Dec3dg.dll, MPEGDecoder.dll & TCPDeliver.dll.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your input guys.

PS: Where are you guys getting your MPEG2Dec3dg.dll?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2007
  11. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

I had Ubuntu 7.04 on my system for a short time, found it to be very buggy on my set-up. Went back to Edgy 6.10 which has been very reliable on all testing.

I am planning on installing Gutsy 7.10 as well as PCLinux and see how it works out.

Have you tried running Rebuilder with the HC Encoder? CCE SP is a little too pricey for me.

12. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I had it running on Edgy and Linux Mint. Linux Mint was pretty much the same thing as Feisty except is included "illegal codecs." By the way, I read in one of your posts a while back you had wine tools installed. Is there any chance the way you have them configured could be interfering?

13. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Gentlemen,

I'm glad to report to you guys that this is now working 100% on Linux Mint. The free version runs like a charm.

If anyone else encounters this problem in the future... let me just say that modifying the RB-PRO executable renders it useless in Linux.

Now the only other problem I'm having was using CCE 2.67 with EclCCE. The problem is that when the encoding starts with CCE/EclCCE it'll prompt to save the job many, many times and it is annoying and the process is not unattended at all.

Anyone being able to get around this issue?

Thanks

14. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

15. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Running Ubuntu Edgy 6.10 and Wine 0.9.30 I was able to get DVDFab to run in full movie and movie only to rip and open in DVD Shrink

What does not work

Can not change anything under the settings tab and when opening DVDFab while analysing the disk my desktop goes blank in the upper taskbar. This also happened with DVD shrink and was fixed by changing a setting which I can not remember at the moment.

Anyways this is very good news!

16. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Update now testing DVD Rebuilder pro V. 1.26.5 on Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 using Wine 0.9.46. So far all looks good using my guide for Ubuntu Edgy 6.10. Will post some screen shots after a few mor test runs.

17. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

18. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

wolfmanz:
    Looking good.

Quick question, what is the name of the theme you are using on Ubuntu? Looks really nice.

19. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

@1Adonis4u

The theme is Aero and can be installed using the art manager package it is listed under applications. For the icon set I use Tux n Tosh 0.2 which will give you cool looking penguin folders.

My latest desktop looks better, the Dexter one needs some work
    http://my.afterdawn.com/wolfmanz/show_image.cfm/15126/full

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  20. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Thanks for the info.