1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Rebuilder technical

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by omegaman7, Oct 9, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

very usefull. Thank you much. :)

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

As You'll see by this posting, (I Hope, Somewhat large)Dvd - RB Did something rather curious. The output size is much smaller than usual, And it seems to have reorganized the dvd structure. Please note that I did this NO DIFFERENTLY than any other job. This seems to be some freak mistake. ANY THOUGHTS WELCOME! I would very much like to rebuild it, Not shrink it. :)

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Whoops, Here it is. [​IMG]

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

That is what's known as encoder saturation.

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Will this solve my problem? This is a little more advanced then im used to. I am aware of the .ini file. Never experimented with it though. I guess I do have a quick processor though. Could pay to experiment. Average encode is 90-120 min.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

An easy way to get a larger size would be to run the prepare stage. Then use the segment viewer and choose some segments to not reencode. You may even get a warning that the files will be oversized. Just save, exit and continue.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Why do you suppose it removed the unreferenced material?

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

For that reason.
    It's unreferenced.

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Dont quote me, because i havnt verified but, I believe by removing/altering it from "Hidalgo" it effected NEEDED subtitles. Is that not possible, was it something else?

10. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The subtitles will be there unless you choose otherwise.
    This is one movie where the subtitles must be kept.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

When I realized that the subtitles were not right, I made sure I kept them. Ive backed up the disc twice. The second time I had to manually select English subs #6 if memory serves. Not a serious biggie but.. it is rather irritating. I thought it might be some weird form of dvd backup discouragement. Simply put, make it more difficult to backup. Probably just some weird bug. I REALLY GOTTA TRY IT AGAIN. Unless shrink effected the structure, it has to have been the unref mat. I know, I know, doesnt make sense right? Its all i got left...

12. onya

onya Guest

Used AnyDVD to rip "the thin red line" and then DVD rebuilder pro with Cce sp. 165 mins. Exeptional quality (movie and menus only).

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I recently found HC to do a better job than CCE, VERY interesting. But back to my question. Does HC encoder (by default) take bitrate away from dark scenes? Because im backing up the lost seasons, and am running into some slite pixelation regarding darker scenes. Oh... if anyone is wondering about the HC/CCE comparison I did, It was "Lost S1D6". close to 4hrs of video. Go figure hummmf. cce did a very likeable job, but... HC did substantially better. Jdobbs... and anyone involved, THANK YOU. Keep up the good work. YES I DONATED. And i'll more than likely donate again. I do owe the community, in a manor of speaking. :)

14. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

To do a disc that's almost 4 hours long and to get slite pixelation is not that bad. What was the average bitrate and what matrix did you use?

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

im afraid I didnt save the logfile. I can take some stills with Vdub. Actually Shrink did a pretty decent job recently with a 3 hr video job. But it was 70% of original + AEC. Ive found that shrink does a pretty decent job so long as the source video is good (MOST IMPORTANT), and its not below 60% on the compression scale. Though ive had it do a good job with less. E.G. KING KONG. I also ran a test with a voyager episode a few years ago. 40% of orginal. It looked reasonable. VERY REASONABLE. Though at the time I only had a 17" CRT monitor. :) I only use the Default settings on Rebuilder. NO TWEAKING! After seeing the pixelation on the dark scene... Gonna have to play.

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You know what? I still have the source files. I will rebuild again and post. Might be a day however. People may find it interesting.

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Rebuilder always creates a log file. It's called rebuilder.log. The log won't show what matrix you used but hopefully you remember. Have you ever used different matrices?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No. Just default, HC SLOW SLOW SLOW. Enable menu encoding, and since I saw whats been called encoder saturation, I no longer steal from the extras. And im afraid the log file goes out with the trash. The iso is all I keep after an encode.

19. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The log file should still be there. Put in a search for rebuilder.log.
    Anyway if you're gonna do a 4 hour movie, try using the Avamat7 matrix and see if that helps. The encoder saturation is another story.
    You can also use the video segment viewer and use the slider to give more bitrate to the parts that you say were pixelated.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I will look into the "avamat7" but here is some clipped examples of what im dealing with. Please note that the stills look twice as good as the running video.
    [​IMG]