1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recognition Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tater9104, Mar 20, 2005.

1. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

This is a topic that has been touched on before, but I could not really find a direct answer. I have been having trouble making my DVD Shrink recognize some DVD's, especially since I starting buy anime DVDs. Recently, my sister-in-law was bought 6 seasons of CSI by her brother who is currently in Iraq. Besides the fact that they only cost 30 dollars for all six, they also present another problem. I cannot get my DVD player, DVD shrink or anything else to recognize them.

Then it struck me. Anime DVD's are not really that popular in the US and are probably imported. These DVD's of CSI are imported as well (after a fashion). Could there be a DVD format that a player or the shirnk does not recognize? As far as I know, there is only NSTC and PAL. If I am correct, the US mainly gets NSTC. Could this be the cause of my problem or is it something else. What would cause my DVD player to not recognize the DVD.

1. The dvd's are not scratched (I have 24 to try and none of them work)
    2. my DVD's drivers are all updated
    3. I have restarted, rebooted, reinstalled, etc.

Any suggestions?

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Issue resolved. It turns out that on closer inspection that her brother actually bought ripped versions of these dvd's. I should have known. I must say that they are very good versions however, I'm really impressed. Apparenetly though, they used very cheap media. Thanks anyway.