1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorded on Liteon 5006 won't play on PC???

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jasart, Jan 1, 2005.

1. jasart

jasart Member

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and DVD recording, so I guess / hope someone will be able to answer my question easily.

I have recorded a DVD from TV using my new Liteon 5006, I then finalized the disc, so thought I would now be able to play it on my PC DVD player (running XP) which plays movies etc but it just doesn't work. Won't start playing at all.

I'd be greatful for any help - I'm pulling my hair out and I haven't got that much to spare if you know what I mean!!!

2. jasart

jasart Member

The disc kinda plays in Cliprex, but not in Media player 10, so I think it might be a PC software problem or perhaps my dvd player is not reading correctly?

From what I can see on the disc the files appear to be showing correctly ie Video_RM and Video_TS folders etc

Appreciate any help

3. ctylinker

ctylinker Guest

Hi

Have you finalized the disc? Also did you have problems with sound and playind DVD's, i have just upgraded to the 5006, but when playing a dvd the sound is distorted, and when i copy, the sound disapears, let me know if you had this problem

ctylinker