1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorder, copying copyrighted video and DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by muse2, Aug 31, 2004.

1. muse2

muse2 Member

Hi, I put my long message in reply on a link that started with a question about which DVD recorder to buy. Perhaps this belongs here. I have newer Panasonic DVD recorder. I want to copy videtapes to DVD but keep getting "cannot copy". My recorder senses the copyrighted incoming signal according to Panasonic.I have heard filters will not work with this type of protected recorder. Does anyone know of an external unit that will work? Sima CT-2 filter? Facet Copyright remover? Anything? Appreciate any help. Muse2

2. Crusaders

Crusaders Member

Go with the Sima color corrector.

3. muse2

muse2 Member

I am being told by Zorilla filters that the Sima or even zorilla will not work with the new panasonics. He will modify his units firmware to make his work but expensive. Does anyone own a panasonic DMR-E55, 65, 75, 85 and use a device to copy encoded tapes.

4. sdifox

sdifox Regular member

what are these tapes and how many? it may simply be cheaper and easier to buy the DVDs.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Vhs tapes use Macrovision protection. Shouldn't be a problem with an in-line box to remove the protection. There are many versions out there for about $50. to $100. dollars. As always, the cheaper ones work but not as good as the more expensive ones.

Jerry