1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd recorder not recognizing pc via firewire

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by beatz2005, May 16, 2007.

1. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

I have a samsung dvd-r130 with the dv input. when i hook my cam up it works, but it on't recognize my laptop when i boot avid up. is there some type setting that i'd need to make my dvd player recognize my videos so i can record them to a dvd?

The reason that i won't burn them to my internal dvd is because the files are way too big (10gb+) so i just need to record them in real time

2. arttuk

arttuk Member

I've also tried that couple times with Sony and/or LG dvd-recorders. But I didn't succeed either.

Have you tried for example DVIO?
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/dvio.cfm

I've thought I should try it someday, but I haven't yet.

On the other hand, what format are your videos, and can't you encode them at lower bitrate and burn them after that?

3. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

the videos ard mainly avi's. i'm thinkin that i may just need a dv deck then hook everything up that way, or just run an s video cable and audio cable and make it work

4. arttuk

arttuk Member

That's nice, if you have a dv deck, I don't have. But it would be very good to put edited clips back to dv tapes.

And for the other alternative, S-video is ok, if you don't need the best possible quality. I've used it couple times.

5. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

i really don't wanna use s-video, but if it really comes down to it i guess i would have. do u know where i could have a dv deck