1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder that also plays divx

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by steevojb, Dec 17, 2004.

1. steevojb

steevojb Guest

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a dvd recorder that plays divx ? I know a lot of the latest phillips dvd players are advertised as playing divx, the recorders however don't seem to be

thanks in advance

steevojb

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

3. ajcharlt

ajcharlt Member

The only machine I can find is the Sigmatek PVR800. It's a bit pricey but can be used to record onto hard disk too. If anyone knows of a basic DVD recorder with divX playback I would be interested.

4. ueroen

ueroen Member

5. ueroen

ueroen Member

6. marcog

marcog Member

The Sigmatek PVR800 doesn't seem to be able to record on to DVDs, but only onto its HDD.

The Packard Bell seems good. It comes at a good price too. Does anyone know if it has a time-slip function - able to playback while recording?

7. DRHonest

DRHonest Member

It appears that the Philips DVDR3355/37 is a recorder/player but only with DivX play mode. Go to Yahoo search to find the latest dealers, I did not like the price of $199 for a recorder that does not record DivX, the Philips DVP642/37 is being clearanced priced at some Wal-Mart at $58 while still $99 at most places, I bought one at the Wal-Mart price. It plays up through version 5 but Philips Phillipines CSRs are at a loss for knowledge about the product.

To use the DivX playback feature, use Nero ver 6 DVD write to DATA output, Roxio 7.5 did not handle it for me. I made movies using Pinnacle in the DivX 5 format but Pinnacle cannot write the DVD as AVI data, or so they say.

Last, I do seek an exchange that saves time and money. Roxio is certified by DivX folks but the interface is hard to find, I did not find it, and Roxio is not the easiest group of folks to get assistance from and I am an old timer registered with all their products. Great assistance from Pinnacle and good products, reasonably priced too.