1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder will not finalize

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bob6096, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bob6096

bob6096 Member

my Panasonic DMR ES10 will record from the comcast DVR recording but will fail at finalizing. I tried different DVD +R, Different speeds from 4x to 16 x and DVD -R. One thing seems to work. If I play the DVR from the cable box and pause the playback before it is completed, I then stop the recording on the Panasonic and can finalize sometimes. The finalization process makes a very bad scatchy sound before it tells me it failed. Any ideas?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

I have an RCA recorder and learned early on to just use +RW media with it (mine is a +R +RW model only). Finalization of +R disks screwed up more than one of my recordings. I usually edit out ads, etc. on my PC before burning/archiving to +R media so it works out well for me.

3. bob6096

bob6096 Member

If I use RW + disks. Do I not finalize with the recorder and try and do it on my computer? I am confused.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

RW media does not need to be finalized. Only +R and -R media needs to be finalized. You can burn the video to +R or -R media after editing out the commercials. You'll need an editing/authoring program like NeroVision Express or TMPGEnc Author to import and edit the video from the RW disks.