1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by mymegan3, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mymegan3

mymegan3 Guest

I am having problems recording a program while watching another. I have the Centrios EDW8020. Can someone help me? I have just purchased it, and I don't know much about DVD's.

2. gserve

gserve Member

What problems are you having? On the DVD recorder I have you cannot watch another channel while recording.If you connect to the TV via a RF modulator, I have a way to do it. After the recorder starts pull thr vidio plug out of the back of the RF modulator and you will see the TV picture as if the DVD recorder was not on.

3. mymegan3

mymegan3 Guest

What is a RF modulator?

4. gserve

gserve Member

It is something you hook-up if your TV doesn't have A/V jacks to hook the DVD recorder too.

5. dondunn

dondunn Member

mymegan3, page 16 of the manual says to watch another tv program while recording, press the remote's source button rpeatedly to select tv source on the screen-- one source might be your RF-IN (which would be the regular antenna input) or C00X (dunno what that is)and you have to use the remote that came with your TV to tune the TV to another channel...

But much depends on whether your TV works through a cable-TV box, or you're receiving via a rooftop antenna, or whatever... Sorry can't help much without details.... I have the same Centrios unit and am still figuring out how to use it -- their help line, though, is great -- call 1-866-363-3059