1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorders

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by knb, Feb 27, 2004.

1. knb

knb Member

I have been having problems with the quiality of transfering my VHS to my computer. I am thinking of buying a DVD recorder. can anyone tell me the best one to get without spending a ton of $$? all i need to do is transfer it to DVD, and then i will put it on my computer to put in menus and all that fun stuff. thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out:)

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I bought the Panasonic DMR-e50 last spring. I now make extra money converting VHS tapes to DVD for people. (Wedding videos, etc.) It does the job well, and because it runs the analogue input through a digital comb filter, it does clean up the image a little bit too.

My biggest issue with it is the recorder decided it has to put a real ugly menu at the begining of the disc, so I have to run it through my computer using DVD2one to get rid of it. So each time I waste a disc.

It uses DVD-RAM as a re-recordable media; which is useless in most other machines.

3. knb

knb Member

thanks for the reply. BUT, i have a new problem. i have a Pioneer DVDRW DVR-104 burner, and never had any problems with it so far. i just got a panasonic DMR E50 DVD recorder, to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD, then put them on my PC to edit and add menus. the transfer worked great, but my burner isn't able to read the DVD i made in the recorder. is there anyone that can help me with this?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  4. knb

knb Member

one more thing, does the recorder make VOB files on the DVD? that's what i assume,but wasn't sure why i can't see them on my PC. that's all. thanks again to anyone who can help me out:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Are you making sure you finalizing the disc on the DMR-e50 before ejecting it?

6. knb

knb Member

thanks a lot! i must have thought the finalize was done. it worked.

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Glad you got it working!