1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorders

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Toon_Army, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Toon_Army

Toon_Army Guest

Hi Guys
    I'M after buying a DVD Recorder but i have been told that if you record something off the T.V you can only play the disc in that DVD Recorder they do not play in any other DVD player.Is the one where one record will play in all.
    Cheers Guys
    Paul

2. dej365

dej365 Member

based on my research.

DVD +R or +RW will play in most DVD players manufactured after 2000.

I bought my JVC player in 2000. I'm having problems finding a recorder that will play on it.

so far I've found that ilo recorder from walmart will play in my JVC player. I returned because the unit could not maintain the clock setings.

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... My LiteOn LVW5005 (using Maxell and RiDATA +R discs) produces discs that play in Toshiba, Samsung, Sony, RCA, Cyberhome, Poloroid and Panasonic DVD players ... They'll most likely play in others, however I havent verified that as fact as of yet ...

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You might be confused with DVD-RWs recorded using VR mode which will only be readable in the original recorder and not even the PC. Otherwise, DVD+RWs, -Rs, and +Rs should be readable in all players.

5. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

my sony rdr gx300 will only play in something else once you "finalize" is what they call it , then it plays in everything. if you dont finalize then it will only play in the recorder. its great i record the ppv's then share them . it is much nicer then having to fool around with all dvd software which for me was such a pain