1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD REGION CHANGES

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by GAC030658, Jan 3, 2005.

1. GAC030658

GAC030658 Guest

I live in the US where the region code is 1. If I purchase a DVD that is region coded 4 (not region code 1), can I use DVD-Shrink to copy this DVD and make additional back-up copies that are region free (or at least region coded 1)? I know DVD-Shrink makes copies of DVD's that are region free, but does the original DVD have to be one that is compatible with my region ?

2. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

Not sure but I don't think so. I've never been able to get my hands on a DVD from another region that wasn't already region free.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

As long as your DVD writer can read another region then you can view it and copy it with DVD Shrink which will then make the back-up region free.
    Instead of changing your region code in the writer itself, use a program called AnyDVD Version 4.1 or higher, or a program called DVD Region Free+CSS, these two programs fool your ROM/Writer into thinking they are region free, therefore you never have to worry about changing your machine region ever.
    When you insert a disc they come on in the background and you don't even know its running.
    I have used both of these programs and they work great.
    good luck.