1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd region free software won't work

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by husler, Dec 17, 2004.

1. husler

husler Member

I've just downloaded css region free and ghost region free software and both do not work. My computer was bought in japan and is a Sony Viao notebook. It is set to region 2 but i want to play region 1 dvds also. After installing the sofware, the region 1 dvd will play the copywrite protection labels and warnings, but goes black and screeches when it should play the menu. After visiting the css website I noticed that Matshita dvd drives are not supported (mine happens to be Matshita). If this is the problem does anyone know of any software that can overcome this??? If anyone has other ideas about why this is happening or how to solve the problem any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks...

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You should be able to pick the region in your DVD playing software program. No need for the other programs.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I've been using DVD43 (the free version) all the time for tackling the region code and CSS issues with perfect results. Here's the link:

http://www.dvd43.com/

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Rats, happens every time. Please do not click the link, it'll take you to version 2.X which is not a free version. Type the link at the back instead. Make sure it's either version 1.4 or 3.03.
    Sorry about the confusion!

5. okeykadok

okeykadok Member

I have the same problem with Vaio notebook, its also a matshita UJ-820D dvd-r/rw and region free, dvd x player nor dvd ghost works. the symptoms are the same, screen is blank with schreeching sound when playing. I dont want my player to be locked in some regions. Any help? does dvd43 works in this situation?

6. okeykadok

okeykadok Member

"You should be able to pick the region in your DVD playing software program. No need for the other programs."

Am sorry if I look stupid with this but what do you mean I can pick the region in the dvd playing software program? I can only change the code 4x and we both know that if I change it everytime I watch another region it will lock and I dont want that to happen. Can you be more specific about it?

7. bardie

bardie Regular member

You can also use a program called DVD Region Free+CSS.
    This program fools your ROM into thinking it's a region free player, so you will never have to change the region code again.
    it comes on in the background when you insert a disc, so you don't even know it's there.
    I have used this program for a year or so and I love it.

8. okeykadok

okeykadok Member

thanks but i think dvd region free + CSS posted that they do not support matshita drive. Am beginning to curse Sony Laptops and their Matshita dvd-r/rw. I can not even copy any dvd, even its region free. i keep on wasting precious DVD. Is there any hope to this doomed laptop? Man, this cost me around 2500 US. All I wanted is to watch my DVD's. Is it not my right? I paid everything for it, I own my dvds, I own my computer yet I can not watch them. i can not even copy them. What is wrong with this picture.

9. bardie

bardie Regular member

Have you tried AnyDVD version 4.1 ??
    I have read that this may help you.

10. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

anydvd is real nice software that works very well . i give my vote for anydvd . it can be tried for 21 days if i remember correctly .

11. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

As cited in other posts, there are actually quite a few programs that can tackle the region code and CSS problems. However, not all programs work perfectly for everyone, so you really just have to try out for yourself. The good thing about DVD43 is that it is FREE (i.e. the free versions 1.4, or 3.04). I've been using 1.4 all along and have had not a single problem. 3.04 is the latest free version that has had certain bugs fixed and does not require the installation of a Patin-Couffin Layer for to operate. So may be you can download it and try for yourself. After all, there's no harm done.
    Here again is the link:
    http://www.dvd43.com/
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  12. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

My vote goes to AnyDVD as well. Current version is 4.4.0.0

@scf_au,

fixed :) ... it happens sometimes. To fix it just edit your post, and click save (you don't have to change your post). just edit and save.

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Thanks, I'll try the edit function next time.

15. GFRANCHIN

GFRANCHIN Member

I have also been having problems trying to read DVDs from region 2 and 4 in a region 1 DVD player. I just got a VAIO (Matshita UJ822Da 1.5). I tried DVDregionfree, ANYDVD and the suggested DVD43. None of them were able to read the disc from region 2. I have also tried to find a firmware but havn't found anything yet. Anybody else have been able to flash their matshita drive? (Vaio VGN-T170P).

16. jrbusca

jrbusca Guest

I'm looking for a different forum's and no one show something efficient that realywork with sony notebooks.
    I believe matshita is a state of art because a lot of manufactures use her drives and nobody is capable to accept this challenge to do something to work!