1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd region info

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by billy01, Dec 21, 2004.

1. billy01

billy01 Guest

i wish to purchase a dvd that is not the same region as my home dvd player. i was wondering if burning dvd's makes any difference to the region code. i use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter, using the process described by scuba pete. i also only burn the main movie onto my blank disc. any help?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

To be doubly sure you are making your copy region free use a program called DVD RegionFree+CSS, it has a trial period of 15 or 30 days but it will make all DVD's you burn region free.
    Also you can play DVD's on your computer that are from different parts of the world as this program fools your DVDROM/Burner into thinking the movie is region free.

3. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

you also want to watch out how many times you change the region settings on your PC...it will "lock" after five change and become permanent...use something like DVD43 to prevent this from happening

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use anydvd by slysoft to make my drives overcome the lockout issue created by those jackass manufacturers. I think it makes it region free too. Why not get a region free dvd player?

5. billy01

billy01 Guest

i only just bought a home dvd recently and multi-region wasnt a consideration at the time. silly me. a friend has a program that i put on a disc thats inserted into my home dvd player to make it multi-region, but i dont want to risk it ruining my player.

6. bardie

bardie Regular member

By using DVD RegionFree+CSS it will never change the region code in your player.......it just fools your player into thinking it is region free.