1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Remake & Shrink producing unuseable files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by highlandr, Mar 27, 2005.

1. highlandr

highlandr Member

I normally rip DVDS by:-

=DVD Shrink rip whole dvd to hard drive.
    =DVDRemake to hide buttons, warnings, extras etc.
    =DVD Shrink to shrink down the remaining and remove the extra languages etc.

All fine and dandy. But recently I have been having problems.

When I use Shrink to compress down after I have edited with DVD Remake, it does not produce a VIDEO_TS.VOB file. If I then run the shrunk files back through DVD Remake then it does rebuild it and then I can burn it onto a DVD OK.

Another problem, I use DVDRemake to edit out buttons and warnings on an already shrunk product, the resulting files, when I try and burn using Nero results in a DVD File allocation faiure warning from Nero tho all the files appear to be there compared to the original.

At all times, I can play the movies on the PC using PowerDVD, but I also had a problem with one TV series that would "crash" when the DVD player accessed parts of the menu - something it would not do when I play the exact same disk on the PC using PowerDVD.

Finally, is there a program out there that I can run over my DVD files to tell me exactly WHERE the project is not DVD compliant, Nero just says it isnt, but wont tell me why not :)

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you pm me with your email address I can send you a program called Mark's Tray DVD Player that's designed for exactly that purpose. I use it all the time to test discs after I run them through DRM.

3. highlandr

highlandr Member

Thanks, I have a copy of that program, it wont run properly, keep getting a "cant render one or more streams" error - reports the problem is with the Subpic stream.

That program seems very difficult to find on the Net, lots of links to versions that aren't there anymore!

At present I have installed DVDRemake Pro and have started using DVD Decrypter in Flie mode to rip the full DVDs to disk.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

When I initially installed Mark's Tray Player I also had problems rendering streams with it and I solved it by reinstalling DirectX. I'm not surprised you can't find a good link to it because the author wasn't giving permission to host it to sites like AD and now it's only available for registered DVD-Lab users.