1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rip & editing with dvdshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by richhow, Nov 5, 2004.

1. richhow

richhow Member

Hi guys,

I know you probably get this alot, but I have looked so much and I can't find the answer to my question anywhere!

What I want to is save a dvd to my computer and leave it saved there so I can watch it through Powerdvd. OK easy right WRONG!

I want to edit the DIFINITIVE version of Donnie Darko. Mixing the two versions of the film + the deleted scenes.

Ok so what I need to do is rip all the files/scenes I want to my pc. I have used dvdshrink about 5 times to ENCODE the film to my hard drive. But it won't play
    or anything. Then I need to know how to edit it. There are plenty of sites with advice on cutting stuff out, but none about putting stuff in.

Can someone suggest

A what programs I need so I can do this

B WTF do I do after I rip the file with dvdshrink?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

PS I started doing this 2 days ago for the first time and have had NO success. I am a PC retard so please no fancy words.

Thanks in advance!

Dick

2. richhow

richhow Member

Please can someone help me out with this. I have all the files loaded into my pc and am awaiting any help I can get!

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

you might want to use DVD Decrypter in FILE mode to backup to your hard drive then you should be able to play it with power dvd.Check out this guide
    http://dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php
    When you use Decrypter to create a file on your hard drive you should create a new folder such as (DVD MOVIES)to use as the destination.Go download Decrypter and check out the guide,if you have any more questions just ask.

4. regor

regor Regular member

Hi richhow -
    I'd suggest, as did wild77, to use DVD Decryptor to RIP the files. You can RIP the entire contents or just the main movie.

One ripped, Power DVD in file mode will allow you to watch it. Bear in mind if you are going to do this to a lot of movies you will need ample HDD space in short order.

As far as the combining or editing, there are several approaches you can take. Nero would be a good start for your authoring. It really depends on how elaborate you wish to get. And whether you want to do it with freeware or invest some $$.

It sounds like you should start off with mastering the RIPPING piece first. DVD Decryptor will get you there for free.

R