1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD rip file burning on DVD!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by johnydepp, Apr 14, 2005.

1. johnydepp

johnydepp Member

Guys, I have a few video files that I want to burn on a 4.7gb DVDR, now I don't know how to do it. I have the video file on computers hard drive. The file has a Extension of RIP at the end. Also When I want to play this file, nothing comes up on the screen, only the sound is there, but no voice. Does anybody knows what I can do to play it on PC or copy it on a DVD so I could play it on my DVD player. Even on the PC this file doesn't play on any other software except for RealOne which obviously doesn't have a picture only voice coming out. Please help me with this. Thanks a bunch!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First off there is No Such thing as a Video Format that uses the ".rip" extention...Your File Probably is either ".avi" or ".mpg"...

The reason why you can not watch it is probably because you do not have the Correct codec installed to Watch this File...

Go into the Software section of this Site and Look for a Program called "FFDShow Decoder" and Install it..After Installing see if you Can watch this File on your PC useing Media Player or some other Player...

If you can Now watch this Movie on your PC then go and look for a freeware Program called "VSO DivXToDVD" and Install it and Use it to Convert your File into a "Video_TS" folder and then use something like "Nero" to Burn the "Video_TS" Folder to DVD-R in "DVD Video" Mode and then you will be done....

Useing "VSO DivxtoDVD" with quickly convert your File to a Format that you Just have to Burn to DVD In DVD Video Mode But the DVD will Not have Chapters or Menu"s or other Features that retail DVD"s do So if you want a DVD that has Menu"s abd Chapters then you will have to use a Compleatly different Method....

Cheers