1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Ripped ok plays fine in PC no Playback in DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ozyredeye, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

Hi All
    I'm new to this group and after looking through every thing to try to find to “Newbie” forum I ended up here >>>>

I use DVD X Copy with XP and my Pioneer 105 Burner, I don’t have any problems with ripping at all as it is straight forward but when it comes down to viewing the DVD in my DVD player it get the message that the DVD player can not read the format .
    My DVD player will support DVD/R/RW as long as they have been written in DVD Video format
    I used a DVD/RW disc until I get more used to the whole idea of ripping DVD Movie ….Can anyone please tell me what I’m doing wrong …..

Thanks Martin R.

2. sy2k

sy2k Guest

I have nearly an identical problem, can rip movies no problem, burn them with nero and they work on my pc using powerdvd no problem but dont work on my dvd player. Have copied single sided dvds no problem using dvd decrypter so i know the media is fine with my player. Tried DVD Video mode in nero along with dvdrom (UDF) Mode and both have the same outcome, work on my pc but not my dvd player. Any suggestions?

I am using a pioneer 105 writer and bulkpaq gen 4 dvds burnt at 2x.

Thanks in advance

Sy

3. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

sy2k,

Sounds like your not using 'get vts sectors' in Ifoedit. The DVD-R will not play in your player unless you do. It doesn't have to be done when you burn a str8 copy using DVDdecrypter because you are burning an image.

4. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

thanks for that ....
    When I burn the dvd-R/RW with DVD X Copy I can not set the settings at all and it does convert them to the vts sectors,, when I look where it stores the files I do have the VTS files in that folder ..I use the Nero burn engine 5.5 and still it will not work in my DVD Player ( Pioneer 355 ) a Friend of mine have a Pioneer 344 and it plays them no worries at all

What did you mean with >>>str8 copy using DVDdecrypter because you are burning an image<<<???? as there are no setting that I can change !!!!

Are there any setting that i can do within the DVD Player as well ???

Many Thank Martin

5. sy2k

sy2k Guest

Thanks for the replies but i did everything it said in the guide, then i read somewhere that the newest nero wasn't working with some peoples dvd players so i uninstalled 5.10.0 and installed 5.9.0 and burnt off the same movie, worked a treat:) So i am guessing the trouble was with nero, solved my problem anyhow.

Cheers

Sy

6. Sorcerer

Sorcerer Member

i dont know how to do this at all-i have an HP 200i DVD burner but when it comes to burning the DVD itself you mean i have to use their software???-it has myDVD already isntalled on the software-thanks

7. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

ozyredeye,

I can't help you with DVDXCOPY. I don't know anything about it, as all I can do with it is point, click and hope just like you. I don't really use mine because I don't want to use 2 discs for a movie unless I have to.

8. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

sy2k
    You said >>>and installed 5.9.0 <<<< can you send me the link for the download and I will give that a try as well

Sorcerer
    You more then likeley will have to get another software so that when you copy DVD's , so that it will rip them in the correct format so that you can play them back

menmaddi
    DVD X Copy is simple to use and most DVD's will fit on one Disc well all the once that I have tried anyway..thanks just the same ...What burning software do you use to burn your DVD movies ??

thanks Martin

9. sy2k

sy2k Guest

Afraid i had it on a back up disc mate, would send it you but am only on 56k dial up, done several more discs since and all work spot on, where as i made 4 coasters with the newest nero.

Sy

10. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

sy2k

If the administrators will alow this email to get to you , could you please send me the a copy of the disc that would be great or you can mail me ozyredeye@pnc.com.au

thanks Martin

11. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

12. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

sy2k

When you installed 5.5.9 are you using it with DVD X Copy ??? if so what settings did you use for the ripping ???

thanks Martin

13. sy2k

sy2k Guest

No using it with dvd decrypter and ifoedit if the dvd is to big for one disc, find that easily the best way as am not keen on having a movie on 2 dvdrs!

14. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

sy2k

Ok I have both those Programs now .......

When you use DVD Decrypter what settings do you use so that it copies the folders in the correct format do you write them in VOB or VTS...and when you then burn it with Nero 5.5.9.0 what settings do you use for that one ???

Thanks Martin

15. sy2k

sy2k Guest

Open up dvd decrypter, click on the mode tab then iso > read , and create a decrypted version of your dvd, then select write from the iso menu, select the .dvd file u just created and burn! Thats for dvds under 4.5gig if its larger you have to use ifo edit aswell, there are plenty of guides on these forums that tell you how to do it. Nero is for burning the dvds decrypted with dvd decrypter, stripped with ifo edit so they fit on a single sided dvdr.

Sy

16. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

Thanks I will give that a go ...other wise it might be my new Pioneer 355 player that will not take this type of format thanks all your help Martin

17. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

Thanks I will give that a go ...other wise it might be my new Pioneer 355 player that will not take this type of format thanks all your help
    One more thing when you veiw a DVD Movie is the from on those in ISO fromat as well ???

Martin

18. Uncleben

Uncleben Guest

I had the same problem with my Standalone Toshiba Drive, It would play straight copies made using DVDdecrpter ie movies under 4.3gig but would not play anything that I had split over 2 Dvd's.

Here is my solution

1. Stip movie using DVDdecrypter in IFO mode (chapters) making sure to select stream processing & selecting only video & audio.

2. This creates a AC3 file & M2V file
    3. Use Ac3delay to correct any audio sync problems.
    4. re Author program in ifoedit
    5. then click Disc Image in ifoedit
    6. Once image is created burn with DVDdecrypter

All backups done like this work on Both my DVD Standalones without any problems.

It takes me about 1hr 40 mins per DVD if movie fits on 1 disk or about 3hrs for both disks ie:-a DVD9 spilt over 2 disks.

Hope this helps

19. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

Hello.. Finally got to burn my first (1) layer dvd, Played fine in my PC DVD, but not in my stand alone, what problem could this be?

20. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

Thanks Uncleben
    With this ifoedit ??? this is another program all together ????
    where do you get it ???

thanks Martin