1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Ripping and Compression

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by fiziksx, May 29, 2007.

1. fiziksx

fiziksx Guest

Question ?

I Have Pirates of the Carribbean 1 & 2 that I own, I thought I would rip them to divx for a smaller file size to take with my Thinkpad on vacation. My question is this I have seen friends and others rip near perfect dvd rips to divx @ a 698mb to 702mb file size for cd storage(Pirates being one of them), I have tried every software I thought would work, I have decreased the audio quality to accomodate a smaller file size. Yet I rarely can rip to divx under 900mb and the ones that do rip to 700mb have choppy and grainy video ? I'm at a loss as to what to do.
    I have to jump through so many hoops to rip it kind of takes the ease outta divx. Is there any software recommendations freeware or otherwise that anyone has? My friends say "you have to figure it out yourself" so I thought I would ask for help through this forum.

Is there a software out there that lets you choose a 700mb preset and simply rips and compresses to those specs?

Thanks So Much for Any help .

(My apologies if I posted in the wrong forum)

2. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

You can download the XviD codec, because a lot of people use that over DivX, and use the XviD codec with AutoGK to rip it to 700MB. Both are free and AutoGK is very simple to use. You should get great quality every time.

3. fiziksx

fiziksx Guest

Thanks Much, I just installed Autogk and the interface is so simple , I believe it will work perfect!

4. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

Which version of AutoGK would be the best, the beta or the latest stable?

5. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

If i'm not mistaken production on Auto GK stopped a long time ago, and the latest version is 2.40, so use that one.