1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Ripping and Missing Scenes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dimpayne, Dec 5, 2007.

1. dimpayne

dimpayne Member

Ok well , i'm trying to put a trailer together for a class project and one of the scenes I need is in Independence Day , kind of at the beginning of the movie where the spaceships are disconnecting from the main ship and are coming down to earth. it's like a few scenes are missing atleast 7 mins of film is gone between VTS_06_01.VOB and VTS_06_02.VOB , it's kinda weird , i've checked every file in the folder also to see if it's someplace else but it's not there.

Well anyways I've used DVD Decrypter/DVDshrink/DVDFab and Ripit4me and every single time after they are done I can't find some scenes IE the one i need and ones where they are playing Chess in the park etc , I've checked every single VOB file and they are just not there it's freaking me out since the project is due next week.

Help Pls

PS , also does anyone know of a scene in a movie where Christ is in the Air after his ressurection?

tks in advance

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

ok

it sounds like you found your scenes played with getting the scenes but cut them out instaed of cutting the "before and after out" as dvd shrink does....

you need to load film cut end off (go from end of your part needed) "save out put" then load saved project, then cut before out (start of your part) "save" now you should get the middle (not really middle) but your part! dvd shrink cuts start and end credits so to speak leaves part in middle, dvd shrink is a shortening tool not a cuttter of a middle part. but do the above and you will end up with your middle!

basically cutting start of film off up to the start of your bit, then from end of your bit to end of film cut that off leaving your bit in the middle.

<start of main film cut off-------> | <your part needed> | <--------end of film cut off>

cant be done in 1 process, needs 2 stabs at it, you cut off around your part, you dont cut your part out!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007