1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd ripping problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by gomel90, Jun 22, 2002.

1. gomel90

gomel90 Guest

I'm trying to rip dvds and it doesn't matter what I'm using(SmartRipper, DVDDecryptor, etc...) after ripping couple files gives me an error. I DVDDecryptor it gives me ASPI error, in SmartRipper it gives me an error that can't decrypt some blocks and tells me that some files have being locked.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried ripping after opening/viweing the DVD using PowerDVD or some other player?

3. maz

maz Guest

Yes, view the dvd in PowerDVD, or WinDVD. basicily a dvd player on your computer, you only have to watch it for a few secs, like 10. Then try ripping it.

4. Conan

Conan Member

i have a probable follow on in that the rippin process was fine (decrypter-dvd2avi-tmpegenc) the vcd had no sound but all files were created no problem. also took 24hrs and this should be more like 8hrs?!?!! ideas??

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Conan, have you tried listening to the resulting wav file that dvd2avi creaated? Is it the correct track?

tmpgenc taking 24 hours isn't too strange depending on the encoding settings and your system performance.

BTW, in the future you should create a new thread if you want others to comment. Not all readers bother to read threads which already have answers to.