1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Ripping Problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by turfman, Apr 12, 2003.

1. turfman

turfman Member

I have just started ripping DVD's. My first attempt recorded but will not play on my DVD or PC. I used DVD Decrypter to extract to my hard drive and then recorded these files with Record Now DX by Veritas to burn onto CD on my Sony DRU-500AX using Traxdata DVD-r. I can play individual files on my PC but it won't recognise the whole disc from the start. My all region DVD player will not reconise it at all. Any advice?

2. marcus01

marcus01 Member

I used to own the same drive, Sony DRU-500AX, but I took it back after it stopped burning DVD's, which took less than a week. I got a second drive of the same model, but it wouldn't burn a single DVD. I ended up taking it back and getting a TDK 420N. It burns DVD's just fine, except none of the software that it comes with will record .vob files to a DVD disk and make them readable in any DVD player. After going through 2 DRU-500AX drives, I'm swearing off Sony for a while. I can copy previously ripped DVD's with no additional software, but I hate waiting for my friends to make a rip first.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

This process is really quite easy marcus01 once you've been through it successfully one time !

Need help?

Ask a direct question & I'll try to answer as specifically as I can.

4. herbsman

Smartripper 2.41
    DVD2One v.1.1.1 (only needed if movie over 4.37Gb)
    Nero 5.5.9.X [or above]

2 Hours

DONE

5. herbsman

turfman:
    Multi-region is done to DVD-R in the authoring process anyway so it's nothing to do with your stand alone player (unless it doesn't read DVD-R/RW - DVD+R/RW).

6. LaDiDah

LaDiDah Member

hey umm herbsman iwas wondering if u could tell me how to burn smartripper files onto a disc using nero
    thanx

7. herbsman

There is a good guide here : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/22280
    ...but if you still need more help then just ask although [loaded] has provided an indepth guide that if you follow correctly there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

- Homer J