1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD ripping/ PSP conversion

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mastorj, May 20, 2007.

1. mastorj

mastorj Member

First off sorry if this has already been answered or posted before

I have no real computer software/geek speak knowledge) but I'm tring to find a very simple DVD ripping software that will also beable to convert it over so it can also be played on my PSP or on the computer itself.

I have dialup so downloading times are really high and I want it for free if possable, please help me find the right one.

2. ebega

ebega Regular member

3. mastorj

mastorj Member

I've downloaded the DVDfab Decrypter and it works fine, but when I try and do the Xvid4PSP I get about half way through the download and then I get an eroor message about it being curropted or may contain a virus, pleas contact the publisher, if you could tell me what the deal is, I'm, running Windows XP home edition SP2

4. ebega

ebega Regular member

Interesting, I just downloaded from the website I supplied and all went well. My guess is your Antivirus program is falsely detecting a virus in the download. Just disable your antivirus program and then download. If this is the problem, your download should complete after you disable your antivirus.

5. mastorj

mastorj Member

I've turned off all my firewalls,anti-virus and the like programs and it still gives me the same error message, is there a chance the new version is curropted

(it give me, this...

Publishier unknown
    continue Abort

NSTCC erorr
    contact publish file may be currpotted or may contane a virus

6. ebega

ebega Regular member

Really don't know what to tell you, I've uploaded the installer on rapidshare for you, hopefully this works. When you get the installer downloaded, there are a couple of things you are going to need to install and use the program correctly. Make sure you have microsoft .net framework 3.0 installed and you cannot have any codec packs installed, the installer includes ffdshow which should take care of all of your codec needs.

Download from rapidshare:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/32619367/XviD4PSP_4113_full.exe.html

7. mastorj

mastorj Member

Thanks I'm trying it as I type this/ you reading it, but as for all that other stuff it is beyond what my computer understanding is, such the reason I was asking for the help on this site.

8. mastorj

mastorj Member

Thanks I'm trying it as I type this/ you reading it, but as for all that other stuff it is beyond what my computer understanding is, such the reason I was asking for the help on this site.

9. ebega

ebega Regular member

Download .net framework 3.0 directly from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en

As far as codec packs, well there are alot. Something like K-lite mega codec pack cannot be installed on your computer. I wouldn't worry too much about the codec pack thing yet. Just go ahead and install the program, if you start running into problems while creating PSP videos, then we will look further into the problems. My experience is some what limited with this software, but I will help in any way that I can. Just for a heads up, here is a forum dedicated to the software, and Winnydows (she created this program) posts there and personally answers questions here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=186947#post186947

10. mastorj

mastorj Member

Look I've tried ever single thing I can think of, and it continues to give me the same error, is there another Freeware thing that you could suggest to me.

11. ebega

ebega Regular member

ok...couple of quick questions:

1. What firmware is your PSP?
    2. Do you by chance already have Nero 7 Ulra?

PSPVideo9 is another freeware program that will convert DVDs to compliant videos that can be played on your PSP, but you have to rip DVDs with DVD Decrypter in IFO mode. I'll walk you through it, but if you have Nero Recode 2 from the Nero 7 package, it would be much easier for you. Another freeware is PSP Video Express by PQDVD, but the free version of this software will not encode AVC files, basically AVC will give you same quality at half the file size.

PSPVideo9:
    http://www.pspvideo9.com/

PSP Video Express:
    http://www.pqdvd.com/psp/video_converter.html

12. mastorj

mastorj Member

I've got Nero Express 6

13. ebega

ebega Regular member

Does it have Nero Recode 2 in the package? (I don't think it does, but I'm not positive).

14. mastorj

mastorj Member

I have no clue and is firmwear the system version of my PSP

its Version 2.71

15. mastorj

mastorj Member

I've tried them both and I'm getting the same darn error message.

16. ebega

ebega Regular member

I really have no idea what to tell you about that message. But I did find a couple of guides from the PSP section. If you can get something downloaded and installed, maybe one of these guides can get you started:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/373655

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172920

You may also want to look into downgrading your PSP and upgrading to one of Dark Alex's Custom firmware so you can take advantage of full resolution video. Look through the PSP sections on this forum, great place to start.

17. mastorj

mastorj Member

I got that PSP video Express thing to download, but I'm not even fully ready to even transfer movies yet, I gotta get a new memory stick

bit what does the firmware do to my PSP and I don't wanna get it BRICKED