1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Ripping Software Question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by midjeep, Mar 22, 2007.

1. midjeep

midjeep Member

I have a DVD of myself in a talent show and would like to upload 8 minutes of it on YouTube. What is the best device to use? I tried some programs but they would make the video larger than 100MB or would fit the 100MB limit but not very clear. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I already downloaded a couple of trial versions, but they are too complex for me to use. I just need something to convert to a MPEG so I can upload on YouTube.

2. onya

onya Guest

Not knowing what formats that site requires, you did however hit the spot with the convert to Mpeg thing. You most likely have .AVI files, so to convert these files to what (hopefully)you need, use this link.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html

Navigate through the site and you'll find that it is comprehensive in it's content.

Why not link to your "Talent show" vid When all is done? Show off your efforts in multiple arenas!

3. midjeep

midjeep Member

Thanks for the advice. I have successfully converted the show from a VOB file to an MPEG file in its entirety, but it is still 267MB long. Do you know how I can shrink the size to under 100MB? thanks again