1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD ripping to HD, then burning........

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by T3kk, Mar 17, 2007.

1. T3kk

T3kk Member

i just bought a dvd burner and i have no clue on how to do copy them so i need help........

i already ripped it on my HD with DVD Decryptor, i got a lot of ifo, vob, bup files and i need help on converting them to avi, is there any FREE program that can do this?

thanks

2. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

T3kk

You have ripped a dvd to your hard drive,,now want to burn it to a dvd-r disc to play in a normal dvd player, is that right?

If so,,,whay do you want to convert to AVI (a video file format used by pc's,,,ok some dvd players can read these files but most can't)

You should check out the forums for using dvd shrink and clone dvd.
    I think they will do everything you want. (plus have a look at 'anydvd' which needs to be running on your computer to ripp some more recent dvd's)

On the other hand,,if you are already using dvd decrypter,,,then just go into write settings and select ISO mode. This saves the movie as a single ISO file which can be burnt to disc using dvd decrypter itself, or using nero.

3. T3kk

T3kk Member

i went to mode > ISO > read or write -which one do i click, read or write?

4. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Select READ to copy the dvd to your hard drive (which will make an iso file)

when done,,,select WRITE to burn the iso to a dvd-r

hope this helps.

As long as you own the original disc it is ok to make a back up.
    So can you tell me which movie it is? (just to see if you need anything else)

chris

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  5. T3kk

T3kk Member

im just testing right now with Shrek 2, but i also wanted to save the movie as avi on my hd, is there a way i can do that?

thanks alot!

EDIT: i created the ISO file, but it is too big to burn on a CD, how do i make it small?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  6. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Now I see, you want to put it on a CD,,and not DVD.

Go the the guides section on afterdawn and look for one on DVD to AVI, or DVD to VCD.

AVI is a computer format,,you can burn one to cd if you like but it wont play on most dvd players. For that, you should make a VCD (video cd).

If you are fortunate enough to have a dvd player that can play divx files then you need a divx encoder.

7. T3kk

T3kk Member

lol.....i do want it on a dvd, but i also want an avi copy of it on my hd, that's wat i don't understand how to do.....lol ty

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member