1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Ripping to iPod

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Bro0000, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before...but here it goes.

I'm looking for the best program possible to rip a DVD into one file so I can import it into iTunes. But I want the quality to be flawless. I don't want to compress the video at all. I know the file will be big, but the point is to have my movies saved on some hard drives and the stream them to my Apple TV when I want to watch them. I have tried several different ones that are free and not free on the net, but none of tho ones that I have found really give me what I want.

If any one has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Can you tell us what methods you have tried?

3. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

Well, I'm not sure of most of the programs I have use because they have long been deleted...but the most recent attempts have been a program called Videora. I think that is how to spell it. Anyways, I used DVD Shrink to rip the dvd, and then Videora to convert the files into something that iTunes can read. But it always comes out with something wrong with it.

I'm not sure if I should be looking for more of a direct ripping program into one file... or maybe a program that will take the VOB files created by DVD Shrink and combine and convert them into iTunes files.

If anyone else has had any success with this type of problem...please let me know what you did you used and what setting you used to get it right.

Thanks

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

To convert to Ipod, you'll have to compress which is not what you want.

5. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

Well the main goal for this is to stream to my Apple TV. But I don't want to have to compress the video. I want the exact DVD quality to be transfered to my iTunes so I can stream or send it to the Apple TV.