1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd ripping using smart ripper or decryter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by russell25, May 21, 2004.

1. russell25

russell25 Member

I have looked for quite a while in the ripping forums for an answer to my question but have had no joy!!

i dont know if its the new way that authors are putting ccs encryptors on dvd's but when trying to backup my dvd's to desktop my smart ripper and decrypter will read the bup and vob files and the ripping process starts but around half way through on some dvds and earlier on others ripper and decrypter freezes to a halt and does nothing meaning i have to close the application as the program manager says that its is not responding. I have all codecs 40 gig memory spare on my laptop so whats the deal!!

Please please can someone help

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

So you played a few minutes of the dvd to open it up ?

Then you are choosing selected VOB with the title set IFO file or are you ripping the whole thing incl. menu + extras ??

What mode did you try this with also ... FILE mode ???

3. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

always use dvd decrypter and make sure its on file mode and all files are selcted...make sure u have enogh drive space and the disc is very clean