1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by shelbyby, Jul 22, 2002.

1. shelbyby

shelbyby Member

I want to start creating dvds but i dont know what i am doing. i have a cd burner on my computer and a dvd rom drive. do i need to buy any software or download any to get started. also i dont know what kind of discs to use. i dont have two seperate drives so can i copy the dvd to my computer and then use my cd burner to make a new cd. does process leave the new dvd with good quality and sound. please help

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

3. shelbyby

shelbyby Member

all that stuff is greek to me is it really that hard. i feel like i have to study that stuff for hours before i know what is going on. can anybody just tell me.

4. shelbyby

shelbyby Member

do dvd players like the sony ns315 play only dvd r or can they play vcd or divx i dont understand.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Virtually all DVD players play DVD-Rs _and_ VideoCDs. DivXs are no-no, SVCDs can be played with appx. 50% of the players.

The guides what we have for DVD to VCD are really meant to be idiot-proof guides.

6. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest