1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by goldie220, Jun 24, 2007.

1. goldie220

goldie220 Guest

I'm having trouble ripping dvd's all of a sudden, I used to use dvd fab express it worked fine until recently i've tried 5 other programs with free trials & none of them will work for me, they upload fine but when I put in the blank dvd it spits it out & says it failed I dont understand what happened all of sudden is there some kind of test I can do to see whats wrong???

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like it's a media and/or firmware needing updated instead of the program.

What media are you using like Sony +R 16x.
    How about the make and model of the drive?
    Burn speed you're using?

3. goldie220

goldie220 Guest

I used 3 different types of media TDk, Memorex & Dynex & i've used dvd-r & dvd+r 16 x but the media was working fine before i made copies with them already it just stopped working. I have mashita sw-9585 firmware, i dont know how to get an update.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Check the manufacturer of the laptops site and see if they have any updates.
    What's changed pc wise since this started happening?

Keeping up on the pc maintenance bit too?
    Disc defrag, registry cleaner, disc cleanup and virus scans?
    If you need a registry cleaner here's a good free one - ccleaner. Use the issue and cleaner options.