1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvD Rips or Dvd Backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kingofrap, Nov 27, 2003.

1. kingofrap

kingofrap Member

Well im a big newbie in the modchip world and im not so new into the back up world (i did pc backups before). I plan on purchasing a magic 3.1 modchip for my version 4 ps2. I saw in the guide that is pinned here it supports Dvd-Rips. I know that dvd rips are about 600 megs and i think they can be burned on a cd. If i am wrong please correct me. Anyways are they better than the regular dvd backups (the big gigabye files)?

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nope a rip is never gonna be better than the original.When it is ripped they take most of stuff out menus,special features,scene selection.I would say do Dvd Backups not rips the quality on actual dvd discs is the best.

3. kingofrap

kingofrap Member

i just want something simple like playing the game is it a big thing to have those out

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

All the cut scenes and movies are taken out of rips, and the quality is reduced a lot. I recommend just regular dvd backups. If you don't already have one, burners are between $100 and $150 now.

5. kingofrap

kingofrap Member

yea i already have on i think its 4x is there gonna be any higher speeds ones coming soon?

6. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

Oh I am sure they will keep getting faster as time moves along. 4x is pretty good as is. As new ones come along, the price for older ones drop and make it worthwhile. The new ones (6x) will be awhile til it arrives.

7. WEStar

WEStar Active member

"yea i already have on i think its 4x is there gonna be any higher speeds ones coming soon? " well, there is currently a dvd burner that burns DVD+R at 8X.