1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD rips To CD-R

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BauerCTU, Dec 19, 2003.

1. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

ive tried doing this on SSX3,FIFA2004,Soul Caliber 2 & M:I operation surma. i tried using daemon tools to mount an image and then disc copy with nero. after doing this on all 4 games i was suprised that M:I workered perfectly but the others didnt boot. i also tried alcohol to burn the images and none worked. ive beem told i need a TOC disc to boot these backups of CD-R but my question is Why does M:I work and the others do not. i used the same media (memorex cd-r) for all and its starting to make to many coasters for my liking. plz help me stop wasting discs !!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i am asuming that you are using swap magic to try and boot your dvd rips if so most dvd rips exceed the maximum boot size of the swap magic cd (632mb for swapmagic 2 i beleive)therefore wont boot this problem has been solved with swap magic 3 as you can use a toc refresh disc(breaker pro v1.1)to boot dvd rip games larger than the toc of swapmagic 3 itself

3. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

thanx for that ive just checked size of disks and indeed only M:I is smaller than 650mb which is the limit for swap magic 3 i beleive. i now have to find a uk based company i can purchase breaker pro from.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to the best of my knoledge i think only http://www.ps2cover.com/ has the breaker pro disc for sale at this moment in time

5. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

is there a way to put the files i was burning on cd to DVD ie use daemon tools to mount an image and disc copy to DVD ?

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i dont know if its possible or not but i would think that the amount of time spent altering tho "toc" of the disc to get it it boot with the dvd swap disc would not be worth the effort and if your using dvdr discs you might aswell just have a 1:1 backup of the orignal with better graphics and all the fmv sequences in the game

7. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

some of the games are downloaded 1's i have so i would like to get em to dvd or cd

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

why try burning half game dvd-rip on dvd?... i mean most of the rips have something missing like movies music etc... and therse the 1gig limit min on dvd that you MUST burn atleast 1 gig of data to the dvd for it to work... toc is only half of the problem... dvd-rips meant to be on cd's not dvd's... if you have the dvr burner why not just backup the whole dvd and end it?... why bother with dvdrip?....

9. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

like i sed b4 some games are downloaded 1's i cant dvd 1:1 copy

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well if you download games why not download the dvd then?..... why do you try to copy the games you burn already?.... i guess i just dont understand what you saying...