1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD RIPS vs FULL DVD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shine87, Feb 10, 2005.

1. shine87

shine87 Member

Which do you prefer? If you had to chose between the two? How much is usually cut down on dvd rips? is it just the cinematics or are the actual gameplay affected by dvd rips?

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

i would go for the full DVDs unless you are getting a DVD rip that has been ripped from a DVD9 (Dual Layer) to a DVD5 (Single Layer)

In normal DVD Rips (DVD to CD), the gameplay isnt affected, its only the sound and cutscenes are removed from it to make the disk size smaller so it can fit onto a single CD instead of DVD

to boot the DVD rip, you would either need a modchip or swap disks witha a High TOC Disk refresh method using Breaker Pro as the High TOC Disk

3. shine87

shine87 Member

So to round it all up you need to buy the breaker pro cd inorder to play these!?

4. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

well first of all, you need some way of playing the burnt games

so that would mean you would need to get the Swap Magic set with a Slide Card or Flip Top

OR

you can get a modchip soldered into your ps2

if you choose to go with the Swap Magic Set, then you need the Breaker Pro disk

if you choose to go with the modchip being soldered into your ps2, you dont need the breaker pro disk, just direct boot right there

also with a modchip, you dont need to swap.

with the swap magic disks you do

but the advantage with the swap magic disks is that it doesnt have a high risk of damaging your ps2 like the modchip does when you install the modchip

5. shine87

shine87 Member

Oh ok thanks!
    That means theres no point of me getting those then^^ Because i have the SM set, Abit offtopic but anyway no point of making a new topic about this but i herd that even with any mod,if you use DVD+R -R etc your ps2 is going to gradually die because of the strain it puts on the laser etc?

6. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

yes that is true because the DVD+/-Rs arent the real games meaning the ps2 will have a harder time reading the game

7. Doulley

Doulley Guest

really dont care if it works then its great.

8. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

If you have $30 USD for a three-pack of Dual Layer DVD+Rs, then go for it. Other than that, you'll have to size down the DVD9 games down to DVD5.

Other than that, I'll tell you what, downloading full DVD games from p2p networks is a major pain in the ass. But making your own backups from original is so ridiculously easy.

If you have a good working mod, then backing up games for PS2 is almost as easy as it was back in the days of dreamcast (where you downloaded the CDI, burned with DiscJuggler, and that was it, no mod needed)

9. shine87

shine87 Member

I thought ps2's couldnt read DVD9?