1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rom not working & Wiikey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by 0dan_dan0, Aug 24, 2007.

1. 0dan_dan0

0dan_dan0 Member

The Stoty

Recently i installed my wiikey (the long wire method). and pin 3 had burnt away on the dvd drive so we traced it to leg 5 on the DVD chip. closed it up and tried the wiikey setup disk and it worked perfectly :)

heres where my problems start

I downloaded some games earlyer in the day and i burnt them to disk, before i tryed my backedup game i tryed the wiikey setup disk again and it didn't load up. so i kept trying it and then the loading mechanisum for the dvd drive stopped working and wouldn't take in any disks and it took a few attempts to eject a disk.

so i opend up my wii again to check everything was ok and it seems perfectly fine, evertthing was exactly how i left it. so i closed up and tested it again, but now it dosn't load original games any more and to make the loading mechanisum to work i need yo restart the wii then it works but i have to keep resteting it to make it take it and eject the disks.

So i was wondering if anyone has any help or solutions i could try, and i know its nt a clone wiikey because it worked 1st time and loaded the setup disk

theres alot of problems and i really hope you can help me

Thanks!!!:)

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

sounds like a loose connection to me

3. 0dan_dan0

0dan_dan0 Member

thanks but that dosn't really give any help.

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

well go elsewhere then

it meant - check your connections

but u know this already so why ask?