1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rom problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kmpalmer, Dec 30, 2002.

1. kmpalmer

kmpalmer Guest

I have a v5 ps2 installed messiah chip which worked fine for about 4 days. Now dvd rom will not spin discs at all. I have tried another drive in it but it does the same thing. I also tried the original drive in another un-modded v5 and it also does the same thing. I therefore have two macines - one modded one unmodded - both drives will not work in the modded machine - but drive from modded machine will also not work in unmodded machine - PLEASE HELP ME!

2. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Does the unmodded machines drive still work in the unmodded machine? Could be a problem with noise on the power line of the chip. Who did the install?

3. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Does the unmodded machines drive still work in the unmodded machine? Could be a problem with noise on the power line of the chip. Who did the install?

4. kmpalmer

kmpalmer Guest

Thanks for the reply - yes the unmodded machine works fine when put back together with its original drive. I have since tried the unmodded drive in the modded machine and it worked - I now have the modded machines drive not working in either machine - unmodded drive is now working in both machines. I did the chip install myself, have also done my own ps2 v3 with messiah with no problems. I have removed and re-installed chip to affected machine with the same results - It seems to me that the dvd rom drive has a problem - could it be just coincedance?

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I reckon it had nuthin to do with your chip at all just with your ps2 in the first place. Too late now cause you lost your warranty if I'm right!