1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-/+R's Movies with PS2

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Themenace, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Themenace

Themenace Guest

I just purchased my DVD burner and tried burning a DVD+R with my PS2, it wouldn't read the disc. I then tried a DVD-R from TDK which the PS2 reads, but is very jumpy and skips a lot. I am using DVD-Shrink and DVD-Decryptor to backup my movies. Does anyone have suggestions for which type of brand media and type I should use.

Thanks...

2. mrman

mrman Regular member

i use dvd xcopy platinum to back up my dvds and have used many brands of dvd-r and they have all worked in my ps2 with absalutly no problems. also dvd-r are a lot more compatible with mostdvd players then dvd+r.

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Try Go4's by RITEK.U can order a sample pack from most net Dist..Myself I like Rima.com & Meritline.com
    Both have my seal of approval,for delivery W/in a WK

4. 64026402

64026402 Active member

There are a couple of guys I work with that use PS2 dvd playback. They are a little picky. I have good luck with Ritek and the Supermedia brand DVD-Rs and Memorex +Rs (Ricohs). I have had problems with CMC and some other no name medias.

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I've had a lot of problems w/Memorex.Running DVDInfo they show bad sectors near the end about 25%,therefore unable to make copies & u end up w/another coaster
    W/G04's had just 2 blemishes in 200..BETTER ODDS

6. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

just like to offer my support to rick5446......i only use use ritek g04 and so far every back up i have done will play on my little one's ps2 with no worries