1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r's not reading in my player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by disguy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. disguy

disguy Guest

I have a JVC XV-NP10S dvd player and it doesn't read the burned dvd+r's that i made. I've read the guides and stuff on how to convert the .avi file to mpeg-2 dvd format. So i kno that i'm doing the conversion part right. After I author the files with ifoedit, i burn it with Nero 6.3.1.10. After it says done i take the dvd+r out and try to play it in the standalone dvd player and it says "no disk". I put the dvd+r in my computer and click on the drive that it's put in and when i explore the disk it shows no files at all. Please help. I've wasted about half of my 50 disc pack of dvd+r's.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media is it?

3. disguy

disguy Guest

sorry it took so long to reply. But the media is Memorex. I have not been able to burn a single thing with the dvd+r's. :/

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

can you try it out on a different player (a friends or somthing). then you would know that you are burning it right.

5. disguy

disguy Guest

i'll try that and see what happens.

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Some dvd player just don't like dvd+r. I found this out the hard way. I was using memorex dvd+r to burn my movies, so for me to see if they worked I was using my RCA dvd player and dvd+r just would not work, so I was went through coaster after coaster until until I got some dvd-r and BAM! my movie played.

Try dvd-r, ya never know.

7. disguy

disguy Guest

The JVC XV-NP10S supposedly plays dvd+r's according to vcdhelps.com compatibility list. :/ I'm about to buy another dvd writer that writes dvd-r's. I've wasted my 50 pack of memorex dvd+r's. (all coasters). I used daemon tools to put the img file on the virtual drive and even tried to use cloneDVD to clone right off the virtual drive. Everything went smoothly. Took the DVD+r out of the drive and checked the surface to see if it actually did write to it. Sure enough it did. Put in my JVC standalone player and "NO Disk". I've updated the firmware for my dvd writer. (Hp dvd writer 200j) and tried it with various programs. You name it i've tried it. Nero, dvd decryptor, dvdxcopy, cloneDVD, and others from reading on the sites how-to's manuals. Blah i give up.

Oh and for some reason even when the dvd+r disk are (supposedly) burned, it doesn't even read on my computer. I click on the drive letter and it says please insert disk. ????

I wonder if i could just copy the video_ts files as data onto a dvd+r if that works?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  8. nerdo1

nerdo1 Member

You didn't mention. Did you try it on a friends DVD player that you know for sure plays DVD+R.

I have made a few coasters myself. And I can only wonder how many actually worked but I didn't know because I didn't know if the player could handle it. My PC DVD player won't play the DVD+Rs but my burner/player will. I didn't know this right away and threw away what I thought were coasters but they may not have been.

So make sure that you try it in a player that you know for sure will play DVD+Rs.

9. DCPC

DCPC Guest

HI ANYONE!
    I am having a problem. When I download a movie from the internet. I convert it, I burn it but what software can I use to burn a mpeg file or any video file to make it play on any dvd player? In other words I burned an mpeg file I played it on my Apex DVD player and in order for my friend to wacth it I have to use my external APEX dvd burner which is connected to my TV to make a copy for anyone else to see. Is there a software almost like DVD-X copy that automatically plays on most dvd players that I can bur only once. What I am doing now is burning it from the internet and then putting it in my Apex and then playing it to my other Apex ?

10. disguy

disguy Guest

K problem was that HP writer's suck. I found that out after doing some extensive searching on the net. It seems that the media wasn't compatible with the writer. Guess HP isn't compatible with memorex or TDK media. So i went out and bought a lite-on which btw kicks butt. Thanks for all of you who had input on this thread.