1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+rw and dvd player

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mudflap, Sep 23, 2004.

1. mudflap

mudflap Guest

I need help. I have copied some movies on DVD+rw discs. That is what my dvd writer uses. Here is the problem. I can play them all day long on my computer. Some of them I can play on my dvd player. Some I play once,then you try and start it again and it says no disc. Some I can't get to play at all. Why would it play once then quit playing on my dvd player? I am using 1clickcopy to record. Nero wouldn't work at all. This was the only program that i could get to play on my dvd player.

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

When I use DVD+RW discs, I find that playback on my other DVD players is "hit or miss". I recommend using DVD+R discs (if your writer writes +RW, it'll write +R also) The +R discs seem to be much more compatible with my other players and they don't cost as much ...

3. mudflap

mudflap Guest

I tried using dvd+r but my burner says no disc loaded. RW is the only one that seems to work

4. jakman85

jakman85 Member

What company manufactured the +r disc? Sometimes the cheap recordable discs are so cheap, that they are pretty much just good coasters. I use Memorex (not that im trying to advertise here or anything). Havent had a problem with them.

PS - +R should work. If it doesnt, then you might want to find a new burner. By the way, what burner do u own?