1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Z3!, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Z3!

Z3! Member

Ok. I have successfully backed up a number of films onto DVD-R (yippee) using the excellent advice & guides from this site :). So I thought I'd take it to the next level .... DVD-RW. But unfortunately its not going to plan.

I don't seem to be able to get the -RWs to work. I am trying to burn exactly the same movies that I have already burnded to DVD-R (so I know the files are ok), but sometimes they just don't seem to finalise in Nero, and other times they finalise but then my set-top player doesn't recognise the disc. If I put it back into my PC, the drive then spins the disc for about 5 mins before recognising thats its a disc.

I'm using Princo DVD-RWs, with a Prioneer 104 drive.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

2. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT 90 PERCENT OF ALL STAND ALONE DVD PLAYERS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE RW. JUST. TO SAVE YOU MONEY WRITE TO YOUR RW AND USE YOUR DVD PLAYER ON YOUR COMPUTER TO VIEW AND ENSURE EVERYTHING CAME OUT OK AND THEN BURN FROM YOUR RW DISK TO A DVDR WHICH IS COMPATIBLE WITH MOST STAND ALONE DVD PLAYERS.
    TRY THIS SITE http://www.hkruse.dircon.co.uk/
    I USE THESE STEPS AND WORKS EVERYTIME

3. scsi_boy

scsi_boy Guest

The DVD-RW is really not compatible with a number of settops. If you really want to record a movie on "RW" dvd discs, then I suggest using +RW disc format, iff your burner supports this format. That is the reason why I got the Sony DRU500a, which supports both formats just in case one format does not work, there is always an alternative.