1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW IDE 1008 With NERO?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by king1199, Dec 7, 2004.

1. king1199

king1199 Member

O.k guys, I need some help. I'm running windows Xp (SP2) with a DVD-RW drive(dvdrw IDE 1008) and with Nero Burning Rom Ultra Edition 6.6.0.3. O.k when I try to back up a copy of my game it reads the game to 100% then it tells me to put the DVD-R, then it's start burning the game but it stops at 27% " That's with Nero". I made backup for a couple of movies using DVDXCopy Platinum v3.2.1 and it worked find. but with Nero I'm having trouble making backups of my games. Can it be the DVD-RW drive or can it be the Burning Software? Another thing, I just got this DVD-RW drive and the one I have before worked find with Nero, that means it's the DVD-RW drive So what can I do to fix this Problem? I'm going to try with DVD Decrypter and i will keep you posted!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

That's a pretty wild assumption. I notice you haven't considered your media. What are you using that's so good you cannot consider it ?

3. king1199

king1199 Member

i'm using Memorex +/-.... and Fanally got it to work, I use alcohol 120% and burned at 1x and made 3 backups. but there is a problem, I should not be burning at 1x all the time. Is it the dvd drive or something else? with good media and bad ones.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Here are some other "Tips" to try to get the cheap stuff through -

HOT TIPS for your POOR MEDIA:
    1. Here's a good fix. Compress your DVD to somewhere around 4.3GB instead of the recommended 4360MB. I.e., Go into DVD Shrink, "Edit", "Preferences" then set the "DVD Target Size" to "Custom" and enter 4300MB as the size. Reducing the amount of Data to be burned it keeps your burning away from the disc's edges where the dye on poor quality DVD discs tends to be uneven and may even be brittle and flaking.

2. You may reduce the number of errors and "artifacts" (the "freezing", "skipping" and other picture abnormalities) when burning poor media by burning at a reduced speed. It has been my experience that burning at 2.4X will succeed where faster burns will not. Don't be surprised if you have to burn at 1X. Some discs you're lucky to have it burn DVD Video at all. It will take longer but what the heck, you're saving money with those "Cheap" discs, who cares about time when you're saving $$$$ (Lol). Since you're compressing more it might be wise to burn just the movie, the less you burn the better the quality sooo, movie only, please.

The "Magic cleaning" technique: Try cleaning your DVD discs. Yea, I know they're new and clean but do it anyway. Do it a few seconds before inserting it into your DVD tray, use a disc cleaner, eyeglass cleaning solution or 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and a soft cotton cloth and rub-a-dub, dub. As soon as you're finished, "Pop" it into your DVD tray and fire up your program. You would be surprised how many times your disc is now "seen" :)

Best of luck,

Pete