1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+RW jumps through chapters

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sssurve, Mar 25, 2005.

1. sssurve

sssurve Member

I have recorded a DVD+RW using DVDDecrypter. It plays fine on the PC. When I play it on my standalone Samsung DVD player, it just plays the starting few seconds of each chapter. This way it jumps through all chapters and then stops. What have I done wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not sure? Is Decrypter all you used? We need a little more information to help you out. How exactly did you create your DVD?

3. sssurve

sssurve Member

I had extracted selected chapters from a number of DVDs using DVDDecrypter. Since my IFO files were missing, I used IFOEdit to create the IFO files and the Image file. Finally I used DVDDrycpter again to burn the image on a DVD+RW. Do let me know if you need any additional information to analyse my problem.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well the process sounds fine and it plays on your computer which leads me to believe thet your standalone DVD player probably just don't like the media your feeding it :)

Could try burning to a R disk and see if it plays then. A lot of players are picky with the RW disks.