1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW Not Recordable

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jcalap, Jan 22, 2003.

1. jcalap

jcalap Member

I'got a problem with DVD-RW's (with CD-RW and DVD-R works OK), I only can use them once.

Rewriter: Pioneer DVR-A04 / DVR-104 DVD-R/RW Writer.
    Operatin system: Windows 2000 (SP2).
    Writing software: Nero 5.5.9.9 and InstantCD+DVD (Instant Disc 6.4.0.30), this software cames with rewriter.

Then I try to erase them (quick or full mode):

InstantCD+DVD: Inserted disc cannot be written again ! (El disco insertado no puede ser escrito de nuevo)
    Nero: Using "Quick DVD-RW Format" ->"Ilegal mode for this track"
    Using "Rewritable Full Format" (Borrado completo de disco regrabable) -> Erasing failure

Then software (Nero and InstantCD) detects an empty disc without space, no bytes available.

Media used:
    - Imation DVD-RW (DVD rewritable disc, version 1.1) 4.7GB
    - Pioneer DVD-RW ForDATA/VIDEO with CPRM SP120min/4.7GB (DVS-RW47B/E)

Thanks.
    Joaquin

2. xgasman

xgasman Member

Are those the latest versions of software available? Perhaps some other software will be required to erase dvd-rw faithfully.

3. Oldmike

Oldmike Guest

Hi Jcalap

Have a look over in the DVD-Rfor advanced users forum. On page 3 (maybe 4 by now) there's a thread called "Re-using DVD-RW for movies". I had the same problem and it turned out to be the version of Nero I was using. Download the most recent version and your problem should disappear. With the newest Nero,I was able to format even some of the old RWs I thought had been ruined by the bad erasures, so don't throw them away til you try. Good luck.