1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD RW Stuck In DMA 2

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Sorrow1, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

I Have 2 DVD Re Writers (Lite-On DVD RW BSOR 1633S) (NEC DVD RW ND-3500AG),They are Both On The Same Channel Lite On Is Set As Master, NEC Slave, They Are
    Both Capable Of UDMA 4, Lite on is in DMA 4, NEC Wont Budge From DMA 2,I Have Tried Everything - ANY Help Would Be Appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

put one as slave on primary cable & leave master on secondary cable. are both dvd drives jumpered as master & slave or cable select?? what cable using, 40 wire or 80 wire but still 40 pin connectors

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

Lite On Jumper is in master position (as far as i know), And is connected as the master of the secondary IDE channel,NEC jumper is set as slave and it is connected as the second drive of the same channel.(I had 2 DVD Drives connected before i installed the NEC and they were both working in DMA4),BIOS is reporting an 80 pin connector is present, I even went to NEC's website to confirm that the drive is capable of DMA 4 -It is.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

confirm 80 wire cable is on secondary besides primary. also try what i suggested in putting slave drive onto primary

5. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

I can put slave drive on primary channel but only as a master and thats if the connector will still reach HD.

6. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

Maybe i should just get another serial ATA HD, then i could have each dvd rw be the master of its own channel?