1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+RW won't read on my player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaxnchloe, Feb 10, 2005.

1. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

hi, I am very new at this, and just finally was able to decrypt, shrink, and then burn a DVD, but now it will not play on my DVD player. I have no problem playing on my PC. I am using a Fugifilm DVD+RW disc.
    Could I have burned in a wrong mode? Any suggestions please.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you may be ok for the burn, does it autoplay in powerDVD on the PC?

but your player may not like +RW discs!?! try a dvdr

3. brobear

brobear Guest

A lot of standalone players won't play RW discs. The player has to support the format of the media you record to. Newer players will play RW as well as CDs. Check with the manufacturer's support and see what your player is compatible with. Unless very old, the player should at least support -R or +R or both. What brand and model is the player you tried to play the RW on?

4. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

Hi;
    Yes the disc does play in autoplay on my PC,
    I tried running the disc in both a JVC-XV421 and a
    Zenith 2381-DVD, neither worked. The Zenith gave me a disc error message, and the JVC, just kept trying to read the disc.
    I am currently trying to burn onto a DVD+R, and will post whether or not this works.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

I noticed the Zenith is supposed to play the +R media. The chart I saw it on didn't have it listed as supporting RW.

6. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

It's almost done burning, I can't wait to find out if it works, my only wonder is is that I am burning on a Verbatim disc, don't know the quality.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Verbatim is normally a good disc. The DataLife Plus are the better ones. The Verbatim boasting the metal AZO dyes are usually good. You say you're burning. I hope that is on another PC and you're not multi tasking while recording. You might get away with it, but the practice can cause problems.

8. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

Wasn't aware that multi-tasking may cause problems.
    It is done, and it worked!!!!!!! I am finally so HAPPY!!
    Thanks for everything BROBEAR!!!

9. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. Now that you have the process worked out, it should be easier in the future. Plus you know your player is compatible with the +R. So, you can stick with that media format and not have to invest in any more equipment. For best results, avoid multi tasking and burn at 4X. You can burn faster and get away with multi tasking, but it increases the chances of errors.