1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+RW??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by TahoePro, Apr 23, 2005.

1. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

on dvdrw you can record a movie and then re use the disc to overwrite the disc and put another movie on...or thats my impression of it...if you know something different tell me pls.

What is a good DVD+R that i could get at staples or walmart etc.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, With great care,you can use those +rw's over and over again. I have nero.I do a quick erase when I want to put a different movie on,so every 4 or 5 quick erases,I do a full erase.

Walmart usually has the memorex +rw's. These I have problems with on some stand alone players. I got some TDK +2.4x rw's and they are very good. I got them at walgreen's a while back for $7 for a 5 pack.
    If you can locate some fuji/tdk/maxell/verbatim/or panasonic +rw's,they should be the better quality.Memorex +rw's would be a last resort.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I've been using the hell out of my sony RWs for a couple of years now and they are still going strong.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I've got some Imation +RWs that are still working. RWs are great to have when you like to experiment...

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I have some sony's media code phillips 041 that have performed outstanding. Bought a 10 pack but still have 6 unused since the first 4 have been used over and over and still perform flawlessly.

Edit: Good dvd+r's available at retail stores (walmart, staples, etc.) are maxell, fuji, sony, verbatum (beware of those made by cmc mag). On the verbatum's look for AZO dye.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I just bought a ten pack of sony +RWs. They say made in japan and the media code is SONY S11. The outside of the package and discs say AccuCORE. First time I've seen these.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

How do those sony's work wolf?

8. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I will let you know tomorrow. I'll test them out with National Treasure and Phantom of the Opera. I will also post any problems I come across in the future. Hopefully they are as good or better than my old sony RWs.

9. bcsman

bcsman Member

Question about using DVD-RW's to record with. I'm experimenting with recording a DVB MPEG2 stream to DVD and would like to burn to a DVD-RW instead of a -R to see how it works. Do I have to format the DVD-RW first before recording to it or just treat it as a regular -R?? If I need to format, once I burn a movie to it and want to try another I can just erase that recording and not re-format?? Thanks!!

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

It should format the first time you use it. Then treat it just like a reg. -r. You can do a quick erase or a complete reformat everytime you use it. Most burning roms will ask you if you want to erase it prior to rewriting. I do a complete reformat about every 5 or 6 quick erases.

11. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Those Sony's I picked up are great. Just looking at them physically, you can see the care it took to make these. I haven't run a test(Nero CD-DVD Speed) yet, but both phantom otp and national treasure backed up perfectly. Maybe it's my imagination, but these seemed to run extremely quiet from beginning to end in all my DVD players.(even through fast chapter skipping) I will post the results of the nero test when I get a chance, but so far so good.