1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD santa unsupported audio stream?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by codyx, Feb 22, 2005.

1. codyx

codyx Member

I have just tried to put a film through DVD santa but each time it attempts to load the file it says unsupported audio stream. Anyone know what i can do from here on in? The file plays normally and the sounds is great, so it must be a software issue i just dont know how to solve it. Anyone?

2. akakida

akakida Member

I get the same message when I try to convert SVCD files only. I recently reformatted my hdd and since then dvdsanta will not let me convert svcd files. vcd, xvid, divx all work fine. I don't have any codecs that I didn't before. I have AC3, Divx, Xvid, Windows media player 10. I ran a program called gspot to find out if I was missing anything, and when I load up an svcd in it, it gives me a message saying i'm missing codecs, but i'm not sure how to check what I'm missing.

someone please help. sorry if this question is asked very frequently.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have tested alot of apps on avi etc to dvd and i dont rate dvd santa, i use divxtodvd its free and very easy to use, excellant...

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

When DVDSanta says that, sometimes it's because you don't have all the necessary codecs on your system. If so, try download K-lite Codec Pack (full version) at here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Sometimes it's also because DVDSanta is not integrating well with the codecs. In that case, you may try use a video converting program to change the codec of the avis or convert them into other formats (e.g. mpegs). For this purpose, my experience has been that video converting programs (e.g. X Video Converter) that allow you to choose the codecs from your system are the more reliable ones.

5. akakida

akakida Member

Rotary: I have also tried divxtodvd and it worked to convert, but I really would like to convert 2 cds for the same film at the same time and burn it too like with dvdsanta. I'm not sure how to burn .vob files.

scf_au: I will try the k-lite package codecs and see how that helps.

Thanks both for the input.

EDIT: I tried the k-lite full package and still dvd santa v3.44, and v3.45 will not let me convert an SVCD mpeg into dvd. It works for VCD and it also works with XViD.

I keep getting two error messages. The first one says 'unsupported audio stream'. and the second one says 'unable to open video file of D:\directory\filename.mpg'

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

See second part of my post.

7. akakida

akakida Member

scf_au: The files that I'm getting the error message on are mpeg files. I got that X Video Converter program as well, and when I try to convert the mpg files to DVD - NTSC the program just errors and closes, in fact it errors and closes when I also tried to join to files into an AVI as well.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok firstly you can place 2 mpegs or 2 avi into divxtodvd and it will encode both to 1 film!

dvd santa not likeing the mpeg from SVCD is beacause it isnt a real mpeg its a dat file!

load the mpeg in VCDeasy and go to mpeg tools screen at the bottom load the mpeg and convert it to compliant! (converts RIFF header - takes a few seconds!) then load to santa!

but divxtodvd will do both files straight off and the vobs use nero (on add video tab) to burn or any other burning app its easy! or load the vobs to dvd shrink so it can output to dvd decrypter to burn, both apps free!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try Rotary's suggestions first. If they still don't work, we can still try other things.
    Good luck!

10. akakida

akakida Member

ok

Rotary: You are right about the two files in divxtodvd program, i didn't realize you could add more files and it just puts a comma.

I don't really understand why dvd santa won't recognize my svcd's anymore. I just formatted my computer about 3 weeks ago, and ever since it doesn't like SVCD. I have all the same exact codecs, plus a crap load more I got with k-lite.

In regard to the VCDEasy program, I'm sorry but I don't really understand your directions too well. It took a while to find a version where I could work with a file over 200 MB, but when I got a full version one still I'm having problems. I changed it to SVCD 1.0 and NTSC, and I load the svcd .mpg file. It tells me that my file I'm converting to NTSC is a PAL file, I click yes, then it asks about bitrate stating that my MPEG-2 file has a max bitrate of 2520000 bps... click ok, alright now the file is loaded. When I convert the dat file to mpeg in the riff secion it only takes half of a second and the file it creates is empty.

I have figured out a way for it to work with dvd santa though. I used tmpgenc to convert the svcd to vcd, and then there dvdsanta will recognize it. Such a hassle though, it takes almost an hour per disk to convert it to vcd.

EDIT: I just tried to watch the movie I converted to vcd and then burnt with dvd santa and it freezes within the first 10 seconds. I think I will try to use divxtodvd again, but I'm not sure if it will work on my ps2 like the dvd santa dvds do.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  11. akakida

akakida Member

ok

So my ps2 doesn't read the vobs from divxtodvd, which is my whole point in my why i convert it to dvd in the first place. I also tried changing the riffs, and that doesn't seem to help either. I cannot think of any reason why it still will not work. :(

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ps2 can be picky on what type disc you load, media wise...

i use ritek GO5 8x discs in mine! for a version 5/6 PS2

does the disc autoplay/load and run ok in your PC?

13. akakida

akakida Member

I know it's not the media, because it's the same stuff I use to burn ps2 games, and it's also the same stuff that worked with dvdsanta. I also use Ritek G05 discs.
    It comes up to the screen and says please insert a disc like nothing is in it.

Have you been able to watch an mpeg you converted to dvd with divxtodvd? I didn't think that ps2 can recognize vobs...

I have a v4 ps2 btw.

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes infact 2 mpegs i made from a SVCD film, i used divxtodvd, only last week!, my daughter watched it on the ps2 2 days ago..

the make of ritek i use are ANV go5 ritek...

could be a bad batch of discs? is it a new caketub? or jusy one bad disc? or bad convertion? try again...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  15. akakida

akakida Member

if anything it would be a bad conversion.

The first time I tried it, I forgot to change it to force NTSC, so it gave me a message saying that the format was bad.

The second and third time I forced NTCS and I noticed that it didn't really take the full time to convert. Like it said it had an hour on it left at the beginning, and then when I came back like 20 minutes later it had stopped, but there wasn't any message, and the vob was barely over 1GB, even though the mpegs combined are 1.47GB. I still tried to burn the vob to see if I could get video, and that is when it came up with the message that I needed to insert a disc.

EDIT: I just updated my version of divxtodvd to v0.5.1.97, and I tried to convert my 2 mpeg files again and it still just stops halfway through the conversion for no reason, nothing is put into the log either.

What version of divxtodvd are you using? Also are you in USA and using the 'force ntsc' method as well?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

i am UK and force PAL but try the new version 0.5.2.99 , there may be a newer version than that one now?

but how much ram and hardrive space you got left?

17. akakida

akakida Member

Rotary:

Ok. I'm getting the 0.5.2.99 right now. It's still not on their main website so I had to search for it instead. Anways, it's kind of late here so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to test out the new version.

About specs. I have a p4 2.6, 512 pc3200, and 100GB free space, so that isn't problem.

It appears when I let the settings work on 'automatic' and let the movie convert in PAL it did indeed finish. So I was curious if you could try to 'force ntsc' just to see if it works for you.

EDIT: I think I already found the problem tonight. before when you told me about the mpeg not being a real mpeg, being a dat file instead. Well I read up that vcdgear does the same thing as vcdeasy when you do mpeg to mpeg. I remembered I tried it on the first mpeg of the movie, but not the second, and this is why dixvtodvd kept freezing halfway through, because the it kept erroring. Well before 0.5.2 it didn't give an error message when you load an mpeg that hasn't been fixed with vcdeasy. So I converted the second mpeg to a true mpeg file, and tried to load it in divxtodvd and it worked! :) still don't work on dvdsanta, but hopefully this will work! Will edit again in the morning.

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

so you all good to go now????

also vcdeasy will convert the riff header of an mpeg to dvd compliant for you! UNDER MPEG TOOLS!

tell me! are you converting the 2 mpegs that are really 1 film separately? if so dont!

load both at the same time to convert to 1 film in one go!

19. akakida

akakida Member

Rotary:

I just woke up and I haven't tried it yet. VCDGear works like VCDEasy. converting mpeg to mpeg is the same as doing the riff editing in vcdeasy, at least that's what I understand.

Yes, the whole time I have been trying to add two seperate mpegs (of the same movie) and converting them at the same time. It kept freezing halfway through because the second half of the movie still wasn't a compliant mpeg. I'm about to try it and will edit in a little.

EDIT: ok I'm not sure what to try now. It still stopped at about half way through the conversion. Must not have been the riff problem like I originally thought.

if you have any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005